Youth Sheep & Lamb Show
Chairperson: Stephen Simmons
Check-in: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 12:00-4:00 p.m.
Show: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 4:00 p.m.
Release: Saturday, October 21, 2023 After 10:00 p.m. (No Drive-Ins) or
Sunday, October 22, 2023 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Market Sale: Friday, October 20, 2023 7:00 p.m.
1. A minimum of three exhibitors are needed for a show. Blue ribbon premiums
will be paid if no show. Animals must be in show condition.
2. All lambs must have USDA scrapie tag in ear to show.
3. All market lambs must have an official fair ear tag. All other sheep and lambs
will be checked for registration or lease papers and ear tag or tattoo.
4. All 4-H or FFA can receive training help in grooming from leaders.
5. Breed classes will be limited to registered breeds. All animals must be in exhibitor’s name or club or chapter name.
6. Registered ewes may enter market class or ewe class, but not both.
7. Exhibitors can show no more than two sheep per class, except one in market.
8. Any sheep not in show condition, as determined by chairperson, will not be
allowed to remain on grounds.
9. General livestock rules and youth livestock rules apply unless superseded by
these sheep rules.
10. Market lamb class may include wethers, grade ewes or registered ewes.
11. Market lambs must weigh a minimum of 75 lbs. to show. Lambs weighing less
than 75 lbs. at final weigh-in will be screened with the possibility to be sold at
the sale only.
12. Exhibitors must be present to show.
13. All market lambs must be close shorn at final weigh-in.
14. All market lambs must be sold.
15. Division will be divided into weight classes at the discretion of show
(Market lambs must be less than one (1) year of age)
Classes will be determined after final weigh in.
REGISTERED BREED CLASSES – RAMS
1. Yearling Rams – Rams born Jan. 1, - Dec. 31, 2022
2. Junior Ram Lambs – Rams born after Jan. 1, 2023
3. Grand Champion Ram
4. Reserve Grand Champion Ram
* Can’t have reached 2nd Birthday
REGISTERED BREED CLASSES – EWES
5. Three Year Old – Ewes born Jan.1, - Dec. 31, 2020
6. Two Year Old – Ewes born Jan. 1, - Dec. 31, 2021
7. Yearlings Ewes – Ewes born Jan. 1, - Dec 31, 2022
8. Early Spring Lambs – born Jan. 1, thru March 31, 2023
9. Late Spring Lambs – born April 1, thru June 30, 2023
10. Grand Champion Ewe
11. Reserve Grand Champion Ewe
* Can not have reached 4th Birthday
COMMERCIAL EWE CLASSES
Same classes as for the registered ewes
Blue……………..$40.00 Red………….$30.00 White……….$20.00
Youth 4-H and FFA Livestock Rules
Northeast Florida Fair General Livestock Rules