Each year, the Northeast Florida Fair hosts hundreds of livestock entrants. The animals you'll see during your visit represent the best our communities have to offer and reflect the hard work, dedication and love each farmer puts into raising his or her livestock. We can't wait for you to see our 2019 livestock exhibits!
General Livestock Rules
1. Adult Beef exhibitors must have their stock at the Fairgrounds on Wednesday, October 9, 2019, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and remain until Sunday, October 20, 2019. Cattle will be released on Sunday, October 20, 2019, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2. Competent judges will judge the livestock. The decisions of the judges will be final. Judges are instructed not to award prizes where quality does not warrant.
3. While every precaution will be used, the Northeast Florida Fair Association, Inc. and/or its members will not be liable for loss or damage of property, or personal injury and/or death resulting from livestock.
4. Owners must provide feed for their stock while on exhibition. Containers for
feeding and watering must be provided. This does not apply to youth poultry
and rabbit shows.
5. All cattle should be provided with a good strong halter and neck rope.
6. All animals must be halter broken to lead in order to compete for premiums. This
means animals can and must be brought into the ring by one exhibitor promptly
when class is called.
7.Registered animals shown by individuals must be the bona fide property of the
exhibitor and registered or leased in his or her name a minimum of 60 days pri- or to the opening day of the show. Chairperson will check registration or lease papers upon arrival.
8. No Grand Champion award given except to blue ribbon winners, where quality warrants.
9. Proper health certificates must be available on all animals and checked by State Inspector before animals can be tied in barn.
10. Any exhibitor removing animals without official release will forfeit all premium money.
*11. Entries close September 1, 2019. No late entries will be accepted.
12. All youth trophies, plaques, etc. will be awarded at the Parade of Champions Sunday, October 13, 2019 (dairy cattle, dairy goats) and Saturday, October 19,
2019 (poultry, rabbits, lambs, meat goats, beef cattle, horses, and swine).
13. All animals must be clean and in the barn by the opening of the fair. All exhibi- tors must maintain their stall space and animals in a clean and sanitary manner
thru-out the fair.
14. See map for Entrance Gate. All Livestock will be received and released through this gate.
15. Registration papers that do not reflect exhibitors name must have an official lease agreement accompanying entry form. Agreement can be found online, www. neflfair.org. Chairperson will check registration papers upon arrival.
16. No dogs allowed on fairgrounds except service dogs.
17. Cracking whips allowed only when fair is not open to the public.
18. Premiums will be paid by check after fair.
19. No faxed or e-mailed entries accepted.
20. All animals showing signs of sickness will be addressed by the livestock committee
*21. LIABILITY - The exhibitor assumes all liability in the case of sickness, death, or injury to his/her animal until the close of the fair. No show official or member of the Northeast Florida Fair Association, Inc. may be liable for the loss of any animal. The NEFFA will not be responsible for any sickness or death of any exhibitor's animal.