Egg Decorating Contest
Chairperson: Wanda Simmons
This contest is open to youth ages 5-18 as of day egg is delivered to the fair.
There will be four age divisions. Entries must be pre-registered by submitting an
entry form by September 1, 2023. Enter online at www.neflfair.org. Eggs must be
delivered on Wednesday, October 11th to the Poultry Barn between 4:00
Eggs must be removed from the fairgrounds on Saturday, October 21st after 10:00
p.m. (no drive-ins) or Sunday, October 22, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. No
drive-ins after 11:30 a.m. The fair is not responsible for eggs left after this time.
1. Exhibitor is limited to one decorated egg entry.
2. Decorated eggs must be the work of the exhibitor only and been done within
3. Eggs must be real and have contents removed.
4. Eggs can be from a chicken, duck, goose, or turkey.
5. Egg may be decorated with paint, paper, crayons, markers, glitter, etc.
6. Eggs must be decorated with designs suitable for the entire public. Eggs not
deemed appropriate will be turned away at time of delivery.
7. The modified danish system will be used.
8. Decision of the judge will be final.
9. The fair takes no responsibility for loss or damage of eggs.
Pee Wees 5-7 years
Juniors 8-10 years
Intermediates 11-13 years
Seniors 14-18 years
Blue Ribbon $10.00
Red Ribbon $7.00
White Ribbon $5.00
**The top egg in each age division will receive a rosette.
NOTE: Premiums paid by check after fair.