HAY BALE DECORATING
HAY BALE OR PALLET DECORATING CONTEST Chairperson: Kaye Barber
Entry should be made as a 4-H or FFA Group Project.
Use your imagination! Be creative!
Theme: "Hero's Unite" NO FEE TO ENTER! 1st ($100), 2nd ($75), 3rd ($50), Each participant ($25)
1. Club/Chapter must enter by September 1, 2021. Late entries will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to make sure that your entry form has been received.
2. All entries must submit a sketch/diagram of plan. All entries must promote the Northeast Florida Fair theme "Hero's Unite."
3. The Northeast Florida Fair Association will provide a hay bale or pallet for each participating Club/Chapter to decorate.
4. Entries will be judged on eye appeal, construction, creativity, use of materials and the fair theme.
5. The Fair Association will place the hay bales and pallets on and around the fairgrounds. Please check in with Kaye Barber for your assigned space. You can decorate the hay bales and pallets on Tuesday, October 12th, 10:00 a.m. -8:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 13th, 10:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m. and Thursday, October 14th, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (All decorating must be completed by by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 8, 2020). Entries will be judged at noon on Friday, October 15, 2020. The hay bales and pallets should be decorated with a good clean wholesome nature. No vulgar or suggestive decorations will be allowed. Hay bales can be placed lying on their side or standing on end. This will be your choice. If you plan to use and provide additional hay bales (maximum 3 hay bales) or pallets (maximum 3 pallets) for feet or decoration please list in your sketch/diagram plans. For safety purposes hay bales will not be stacked on top of each other.
6. Decorations should be weather and wind-proof.
7. Paint may be applied to the hay bales, pallets or grass.
8. NO Commercial or Political party signs of ANY KIND are allowed.
9. All decorations must be removed on Monday, October 25th, 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (No later than 6:30 p.m.) Cash prizes will not be awarded until all decorations hay bales and pallets are dismantled and removed.
***Mail your entry form to the Northeast Florida Fair Association, P. O. Box 1070, Callahan, FL 32011 by September 1, 2021. No e-mails or faxes will be accepted. If you have questions concerning the contest please contact the Northeast Florida Fair Office at (904) 879-4682 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.***